Sunday, March 27, 2011
Listening to...
So since I got back from Colorado I have spent 2 days throwing up and 5 with Strep Throat. Usually I would be down about this, but I really took time to rest and listen to my body. I am still recovering a lingering cough that was a gift from strep throat and I got back in the gym today. My friend Catrina joined Anytime recently and I am so glad! She and I have been working out for a several weeks and our friendship is developing through our common quest to be fit. Today she and I rode the bikes together and chatted about personal trainers and a many other things. Catrina was explaining a routine the male trainer suggest she try. I want to be there for her in terms of treadmill support (although I grimace at the thought of running) and so after I finished my light ride I went to try. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for me to jog even after being sick. I think now is the time to start jogging and cross-training with the bike. Fortunately for me I know a lady named Kitty (seriously that is her name) that can help me with this since she runs marathons and we share the bike on Mondays and Wednesdays. I am getting stronger every week and am so glad that I have chose to do this. Usually I get bored and give up at a lack of results, but I am determined for those love handles to get smaller and to be the person I can be physically and mentally. Some days are easier than others but I am on the way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment