Saturday, April 10, 2010

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH back from the dead (or so it seems)

I got very sick in January and at that time did not continue to blog. Which I must say I have missed and then things came up (as they usually do), I went out of town, took a certification exam, and am now finally in a place where I feel like I can blog again!

So I left off on Day 6 of the dare.... and I admit there are times when I say and do the wrong thing but Reid and I are still working so that means something.

Day 6... Love is not Irritable. The dare says, "Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life."

This question has been eluding me for months. I don't know why but it has been the hardest thing for me to think of even though I know all of the areas where I fall short. I am going to take to heart that margin in my life means FLEXIBILITY. I need to be more flexible when it comes to projects around the house because I know that Reid is busy: he cannot always drop everything to help me.

Another thing the dare asks me to center on is places I have been overreacting. I LAUGH at this since I am the queen of that activity! Although I am not sure I have been overreacting at home because Duke was the little shredder that Reid wanted to name him the other day and I calmly called Reid and told him what happened and he calmly reacted.

Today I looked at everything head on as well and did not panic or get stressed out when I was doing things in the yard I wanted Reid to do. So I just took over and I survived. It all worked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment