Sunday, April 11, 2010

Love Believes the Best- Day 7

Today's theme includes the idea that we all have appreciation rooms for our spouse where we have stored all of the qualities that impress us and originally attracted us to them. What is in your room?

We also have a depreciation room where we store things that irritate us about our spouse. These things come from being let down, having hurt feelings, and from DOUBT. I call this the abrasive room because it encourages you to be mad and start fights. What is in this room? If this were last year I would be telling you that I NEVER left this room but after a lot of hard work I only dwell in the depreciation room when Reid has really hurt my feelings or let me down.

This day's dare includes settling down in the Appreciation Room and making it your home in order to focus on the positive things about your spouse. Today also requires that you choose whether you dwell in positive or negative light, so what do you choose?

The BIG part of the dare is to make a list of positive and negative attributes about my spouse and save them for a later day. BUT I am required to tell Reid one positive attribute that he has and thank him for that. I am choosing to thank Reid for being a hard worker because some day he will be able to instill the values of hard work into our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment